Last updated: (03/06/2020)
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your Full Name
- Email Address
- Contact Telephone Number
- Delivery Address
- Billing Address
This information is required for processing payments on the website and delivering orders. All information is provided by you to HCS GADGETS when placing an order with us online, via telephone or via online chat and message boards. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
Like many site operators, our servers automatically collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data.
Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. Personal Information is collected with the intention of providing the best possible customer experience. HCS GADGETS are committed to ensuring privacy of any customer data. Data that you have provided may be used for the following purposes:
- Processing your Order: We use the information you have provided to process your order. For Example, your address details will need to be provided to our warehouse suppliers and couriers in order for them to dispatch your item(s). Also, to process any refunds.
- Provide Order Details and Account Information: This section of the website will allow you to manage your contact details, updating them when necessary. Will also allow you to view history of conversations and messages with our customer service team and view order history. Email address information will be used to provide you with order details for any purchases made.
- Offer a Better Service: We use anonymous order data which permits HCS GADGETS to offer increased quality service and products for sale.
- Marketing: We do not use information provided to HCS GADGETS when placing an order for marketing purposes without consent. You can opt-in or opt-out to receiving HCS GADGETS marketing communications.
- Targeted Advertising: These may include newsletters, coupons and other information regarding promotions and the Site.
- Research: Anonymised data is used for market research purposes. For Example, a record on how many orders we have received from a specific city/town in a given period of time.
- Analysis: Anonymised data is used to explore trends, such as how customers use the website, allowing us to monitor website traffic and performance. Tools, such as Google Analytics and HotJar, are used to analyse this data.
- Telephone: From time to time, we may monitor or record telephone calls for training purposes, with intention to offer better quality customer service to our customers.
- Prevent Fraudulent Activities: Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Feedback: Request Feedback and contact you about your use of the Site. This is to improve any experiences on the Site.
- Customer Service: to respond to customer queries and resolve any disputes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, dispatch/fulfilment, couriers, payment providers, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “Cookies” to collect information, which assist in customising the site and improving your experience. You can instruct your browser to remove or reject all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, this may affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and may be intercepted. We use administrative, technical and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We retain information provided indefinitely as we use it to provide users access to information regarding their order history and enable communications with our customer service team, etc. Data is retained in accordance with FCA and PCI Policy – as governed by law and in interest of preventing crime and fraud. In compliance with GDPR, we respect the users right to access, rectify and erase personal data.
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Users also have the right to obtain confirmation that their data is being processed, access to personal data and other supplementary information.
Rights of Access
The purpose of Rights of Access under GDPR is to clarify reasons to allow individuals to access their personal data. You can request to see a copy of the data that we hold.
HCS GADGETS must provide this information without delay and within one month of the receipt of the request. This period can be extended by a further two months where requests are numerous or complex. In this case, HCS GADGETS must inform the individual within one month of receipt of the request and explain why extension to period is necessary.
HCS GADGETS have the right to charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if the request is repetitive. We can also charge a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. The fees will be based on the administrative costs of providing the information. In cases of requests being manifestly unfounded or excessive, HCS GADGETS also hold the right to refuse to respond to a request. However, there must be an explanation to this decision made. Other parties must be informed of their right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy without undue delay, at latest within one month.
Marketing communications are only sent to users who explicitly opt-in, giving HCS GADGETS consent at the time of creating an account or order, to contact users for marketing purposes (e.g. newsletters, special offers, discounts, seasonal promotions, etc.)
If you are subscribed to our marketing emails and no longer wish to receive them, you can unsubscribe from marketing communications easily by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of every marketing email.
You may at any time review or change the information in your account to terminate your account. If you wish to withdraw your consent of any personal data we hold, please contact a member of our customer service team who will be happy to assist you. Alternatively, you may log into your account settings and update your account.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
“Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract”
Full information on lawful basis for processing personal data can be found on the Information Commissioner Office website.
51 Downing Street